Tuesday, September 6, 2011

BYE BYE 3 DAY WEEKEND...





Well you guys...another 3 day weekend has come and gone. Labor day, usually for alot of us signifies the end of summer, the end of BBQ Season, but if your anything like me and my country family we BBQ year round, and for those of us who work a 3 day weekend!!! yay!!! For me it was a day of relaxation and time to finally catch up on some much needed cleaning, washing, and household chores, and sleep!




But really Labor day was observed in 1882 but did not become and federal holiday until 1892. This day is put aside for labors as myself to celebrate all our achievements, so hats of too you the American Worker :-)



So last week I had a very good postal week. I received a letter from a pen pal in West Sacremento, California, a post crossing post card from Kentucky, and some more things. I am getting the hang of snail mail and I love it. I love the feeling I get when I go to my po box and open it and I have a letter. I want to get my family involved in snail mailing but I am not sure how receptive they are to it. My grandmother loves to mail things, however I want to get everyone involved..so I'm going to work that. Well happy mailings and see you guys at the mail box!


Heidi




1 comment:

  1. You could try to do a family and friend postcard project. I did one and netted 2 friends into the letter writing world!

    ReplyDelete