Monday, August 15, 2011

Nothing yet...

First let me preface this by saying, you all didn’t tell me mail art, pen palling, swapping, post card swapping, and all that good stuff was expensive. It can really add up. I noticed as I was picking up little do dad stuff, I was like OH MY can be expensive. Well to be completely honest I think it kinds of level out I was just getting everything at once to kinda build up my stationary, art, pen, paper supply. I won’t have to buy anything for a while.

I joined sendsomething.net today and the other day I joined swap-bot.com. This was done in order to increase my pen pal buddies. I haven’t received anything yet. But that’s okay I have hope that someone wants to write me J. I have some going out mail on tomorrow, but after running errands tonight I doubt if I will have the energy to go to the post office. (my post office closes at 12 midnight) So I will just mail them when I go to work in the morning ( I have a full service US postal office at my job). Oh I did send out 2 pieces of mail on Friday morning. I sent something to my Swap-Bot person and a post card to California to my postcrossing person! Sorry I forgot to take a picture. It was really a momentous event for me. So I can’t wait to leave work today and go to my PO box and see if anyone else has sent me anything. My grandmother sent me a letter but it doesn’t count, grandma sent me a “I paid your car insurance, you owe me letter with a grandma loves you at the end, but if you don’t pay me I will drop you note.” Frankly grandma calls me 3 and 4 times a day (really it’s the other way around I call her 3 and 4 times a day) she could have told me over the phone. LOVE MY GRANDMA! Until tomorrow…

Happy Mail day!

1 comment:

  1. It takes time, but soon enough you will have plenty of mail :-) I've been a mail enthusiast for about 30 years, probably longer. I get about 50-70 pieces of mail a week, some weeks MUCH more. It is expensive, but in the grand theme of things, one of the better ways to spend money!

    ReplyDelete